Following Are The Easy Steps For Unlock Bootloader of Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus – Motorola has launched its new latest two smartphone Moto G5 And Moto G5 Plus. Here in this tutorial, we provide full steps for Unlock Bootloader of Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus. using this tutorial, you can easily unlock your moto g5 and moto g5 plus bootloader. Without Unlock bootloader, you can’t flash a ROM, root your phone, or to install a custom recovery, then you need to unlock the bootloader of Moto G5/Plus first. Unlock your device Bootloader & easily install a custom ROM or want to root your phone.
So check out below steps for Unlock Bootloader of Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus. But you should be warned that unlocking Moto G5 bootloader may void its warranty. So if you are ready then check out below steps & unlock your device bootloader. This tutorial only for moto G5 And Moto G5 Plus devices. So Don’t try on another device. try at your own risk.
Disclaimer – TricksByASP.Com is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- Unlocking your device may void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
How to Unlock bootloader of Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus
- First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Install the ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and then restart if you already have the driver installed then skip this step.
- After installation of the driver, you can see a folder named ADB in your installation directory. Enter the folder, and you find four files including ADB and fastboot.exe.
- Now press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in the folder and select ‘Open command window here’.
- Now connect your device to PC and enter into the fastboot mode. To enter the fastboot mode of Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus, type the below command in command prompt.
adb reboot bootloader
6. In the command window, type the following command.
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
7. the above command will return a string. Now copy the code in notepad and delete all the blank space so that you will get a single line string.
8. Now head over to the Motorola’s unlock the boot loader site and create a free account or Sign in Google+.
9. Now Paste the above String (Unlock Code) in the bottom of the Moto site (step 6) and click on Can my device be unlocked? You also need to accept terms and condition on this page by clicking I Accept.
10. The unlock key will be sent to your E-Mail ID, which you used to register at Motorola site.
11. Now copy the Unlock Key and execute the following command.
fastboot oem unlock UNLOCK_KEY
12. The above command will Unlock Bootloader of Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus.
13. Reboot and done.
If you have any query then comment us below in comment section..!!!
I Am a Tech, Gadget And SEO freak and loves writing about Android, SEO Tips, And Other Tricks. My favorite past time is playing video games, Writing Post And Answering On Quora.