Hello Friends In This Post I Am Going To Tell You How To Download And Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Huawei Honor 9.Here Are A Good news for Huawei Honor 9 Users, Latest Android 8.0 Oreo update for Honor 9 is now available for download And Install. The Huawei Honor V9 Android 8.0 Oreo Update is rolling out in China via OTA but if you are a European user then A XDA Recognized Developer OldDroid also share a guide To Update Huawei Honor 9 STF-L09 to Android 8.0 Oreo. This Android 8.0 Oreo update or Huawei P10 Lite is based on the latest Emotion UI 8.0 and Featuring enhanced performance and security. Latest EMUI 8.0 delivers a fresh experience On Your Huawei Honor 9 that lets you get more out of your device.So, If you want to Install EMUI 8.0 on Huawei Honor 9 or want to Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Huawei Honor 9 Manually then you are At right place. Here I Am Going To share a Step By Step Install guide And Direct Link to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Huawei Honor 9.
Latest EMUI 8.0 brings all Android 8.0 Oreo Features along with floating Navigation dock, home screen shortcuts, Faster AI-based optimizations deliver greater stability, fluidity, and speed, enhanced protection, and lots of new features and settings On Your Devie. Other than that This Latest Honor 9 EMUI 8.0 update comes with many new features and bug fixes. You can check the complete features and changelogs from below Note.S Just Follow below guide to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Huawei Honor 9 STF-L09.
Huawei Honor 9 B321 Android 8.0 Oreo firmware update is Only available for Chinese STF-AL00 variants. The update is rolling out via OTA and available for Only Chinese users. Latest EMUI 8.0 update for Honor 9 comes with a build number STF-AL00 220.127.116.111. But here In This Post I Am share a method to update both Chinese and European variants With It.You Can Download Android 8.0 Oreo On Huawei Honor 9 Firmware from below Links to update Honor 9 to Android 8.0 Oreo manually.
Firmware Information –
- Device – Honor 9
- Model – STF-AL00 (For STF-L09 check method 2)
- Android Version – 8.0
- EMUI Version – 8.0
- Firmware – B321
- Build Number – STF-AL00 18.104.22.1681 (C00log)
- Region – China
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Changes – Changelog
- This Android 8.0 Oreo Update Firmware file is only for Honor 9. So, Don’t try this on any other device.
- Below method is not tested so Try It at your own risk.
- Follow these Below Given steps correctly otherwise you may brick your Honor 9.
- We are not responsible for any damage to your Honor 9.
- It may erase your data so it is advisable to take a complete backup of your Honor 9 for safer side.
- Make Sure that your Honor 9 Battery has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Required Files To Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Huawei Honor 9
1) Download 22.214.171.1241 Oreo Update for Honor 9 STF-AL00 126.96.36.1991 (China) –
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Huawei Honor 9 (188.8.131.521) –
Method 1 – (To Update Honor 9 STF-AL00)
1) First of All, you need to unlock the bootloader of Honor 9 and download and install a TWRP recovery. If you already had an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery installed on your Honor 9 then skip this step.
2) Download Huawei Honor 9 B321 Android 8.0 Oreo ROM from above Links and save it on your device.
3) Now Boot your Honor 9 into TWRP Recovery mode.
5) Then In TWRP Recovery Mode first flash the update.zip file and once it’s done Then without rebooting your Honor 9 moves to the next step.
6) Now flash the update_full_STF-AL00_all_cn.zip and update_data_full_public.zip files On Your Honor 9 Without Reboot It.
7) After That wait until the process Get finishes.
8) Done! This will Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei Honor 9.
Method 1 – (To Update European Honor 9 STF-L09)
1) First Of All, Download Honor 9 STF-L09 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware and recovery files – Download
2) Now copy the L09-B321 Android 8.0 Oreo Update firmware files to the root of your MicroSD card.
3) Now flash TWRP recovery (for nougat) On Your Device via fastboot by using below commands (If you don’t know how to flash recovery files using ADB then check this guide – Flash TWRP on Honor 9)
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-nougat-stf.img
4) Now boot Your Honor 9 into recovery and connect the Honor 9 With your computer.
5) Then Open an adb shell and execute the following commands one by one:
dd if=/external_sd/STF_RECOVERY_NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery_a dd if=/external_sd/STF_RECOVERY_NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery2_a echo --update_package=/sdcard/update.zip > /cache/recovery/command echo --update_package=/sdcard/update_data_full_public.zip >> /cache/recovery/command echo --update_package=/sdcard/update_full_STF-L09_hw_normal.zip >> /cache/recovery/command
6) Now Again Reboot Your Honor 9 into the recovery again via adb shell or twrp terminal:
7) Done! The installation should start and your device will boot into Android 8.0 oreo.
Honor 9 Oreo bug fixes and Troubleshooting – After updating the Honor 9 to Android 8.0 Oreo you may have noticed few things like the honor bootanimation is missing, a problem in sounds (like ringtones, notifications, alarms), theme store not loading and problems with magazine lock screen.So, If you are facing such issues the
following process to fix them.
1) Install TWRP (for Oreo) On Your Honor 9 using the Below command:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-3.1.1-oreo-stf.img
2) Now Boot Your Honor 9 into TWRP and flash the SuperSU zip file.
3) Then open Root file explorer (ES File explore or Root browser) On Your Honor 9.
4) Now go to /cust/hw folder and rename “normal” folder to “eu” (without the quotes)
5) After That go to /version/special_cust/STF-L09/hw folder and rename “normal” folder to “eu” (without the quotes) On Your Honor 9
6) Now Reboot Your Honor 9.
But If you are still facing the issues of any kind then it is recommended to factory reset and unroot your Honor 9.
1) First of All, flash stock ramdisk to ramdisk partition using fastboot And Below Command:
fastboot flash ramdisk RAMDISK.img
2) Then Flash stock recovery ramdisk using fastboot And Below Command:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk RECOVERY_RAMDISK.img
3) Now Again boot Your Honor 9 into recovery and do a factory reset.
4) After That Again Reboot Your Honor 9 and setup your device and enjoy.
So, This is the complete guide On How to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Huawei Honor 9. Let us know how’s your experience with Android 8.0 Oreo On Huawei Honor 9 by comments below.
Like This Post. Then Share It With Your Friends On Social Media By Using Below Buttons.
Subscribe Our E-Mail Newsletter For Getting Latest Tricks In Your Inbox.