In This Post I Am Going To Tell You How to Root Huawei P10/P10 Plus & Install TWRP Recovery. Good news for Huawei P10 users latest TWRP Recovery 3.1.0 for Huawei P10/P10 Plus is now available for download with that you can easily Root Huawei P10. The phone is already available in the market and if you bought it and looking for a way to root Huawei P10/P10 Plus then you are in the right place. Here we share easiest step by step process to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Huawei P10 and P10 Plus. First, you need to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P10 and then flash SuperSu to Root Huawei P10. Follow this guide toInstall TWRP Recovery and Root Huawei P10/P10 Plus.
If you are a Huawei P10/P10 Plus user, then you can Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P10/P10 Plus. Thanks to developer OldDroid, who provide the unofficial TWRP for Huawei P10 and yury_z share the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P10/P10 Plus. Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP Recovery and Root Huawei P10/P10 Plus.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- After you root Huawei Mate 9 and install TWRP, you can install Xposed Framework to customize your device
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- First you need to Unlock bootloader of Huawei P10/P10 Plus (Check How to Unlock Huawei P10 Bootloader)
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Huawei P10/P10 Plus –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- TWRP Recovery for Huawei P10 – Download (Rename it to recovery.img and save it in ADB and Fastboot folder)
- TWRP for Huawei P10 Plus – Download
- SuperRoot_noverity_nocrypt.zip for Huawei P10/Plus – Download, Mirror (Copy this file to your Phone or SD card)
- Download Boot Image for Huawei P10 – Boot_VTR-L29C10B120
- Download Boot Image for Huawei P10 – Boot_VTR-L29C432B123
- Stock Recovery and erecovery VTR-L09C423B113 – Download
How to Root Huawei P10/P10 Plus & Install TWRP Recovery
Install TWRP on Huawei P10/P10 Plus –
1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It will install TWRP recovery on P10/P10 Plus
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) Now boot into recovery by pressing hardware button or by typing below command
fastboot boot recovery.img
7) Now follow below steps without leaving TWRP.
Root Huawei P10/Plus –
1) With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
2) Now from the main menu navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperRoot_noverity_nocrypt.zip ’ to root P10 and P10 Plus.
3) Swipe to flash the file and Root Huawei P10 and P10 Plus.
4) Now reboot your device and install phh supersu from playstore after device starts.
5) Done! You root Huawei P10/Plus successfully.
If you get the error ‘Error 1’ during installation in TWRP, then download the boot image from above and flash the image through fastboot using the below command.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
So this is the complete guide to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Huawei P10/P10 Plus with easy steps. If you have any questions, then comment below.